Monday, April 16, 2018

Tagging along- USK Tainan sketch outing

The USK Tainan sketch outing usually last for 4 hours. I'm not sure why but that's just the way it is. It's a bit too long for me. Last time I arrived on time but nobody turned up till later. By the time I finished sketching it was way before the throw-down. Therefore I didn't meet anyone. This time I arrived later but I missed out the introduction so I still didn't get to meet anyone.
It doesn't bother me though. Although I miss how I mingled with my fellow sketchers from USK Seattle, I'm usually content to just sketch on my own. That was what I did today. After walking around the location, I chose a spot where I could see the icon building where USK Tainan chose to meet as well as some sketchers in action.

This house is 80 years old and was turned into a small cafe/ cultural hub from an old hardware store. The couple who leased the house from the original owners kept all the interior so the house has become a popular Instagram spot.

It took me about 90 minutes to complete the sketch but it was still more than an hour till the final throw-down. Instead of waiting for the throw-down, I walked around to look over the other sketchers' shoulders. A silent tag-along sketch outing I had today.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, this makes me miss you more, Ching. :-( We had good times while you were here!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too, Tina! I had such a wonderful time there. Envious to see all the photos/ articles from the USK Seattle outings.

      Delete