Thursday, August 23, 2018

On a familiar land

Aug 20,2018@ 光華電子商場, Taipei.
After our 11-week-long road trip, James and I finally bid our goodbye to the US and flew to Taiwan. We spent a week in Tainan with my family and are now settling in the capital, Taipei. 
I grew up in Tainan and very rarely visited Taipei even though I do have some relatives in this big city. It is now a even bigger, more modern city than I remembered. 
We went to Guang Hua electronic plaza the other day and there I saw something familiar. Although a fancy tall skyscraper is nearby, the electronic shops stay in the narrow lane where they have stood for decades. It was about 33 degrees (Celsius) when I sketched this scene. It wasn't the most comfortable weather but I do appreciate the familiar heat. I am on a familiar land for a new adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear that you are comfortably settled. I miss you more, though, knowing that you are so far away.

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete